August 24, 2007

"Don't feed the CROWS"

I have wanted to write children's books for a long time. I have started several and completed one, but I didn't feel that I could do the illustrations. Now, that I am more confident in my work, I feel that I am ready to do the illustrations, but I think I will leave the writing to someone else. Watch for a book called The Lost Balloons. It is written by Judith Ann Hillard and her daughter Olivia. The illustrations are by Elizabeth Bravo.
I will post a few in the future, but in the mean time, be sure to visit Judith's web site. It's listed on the side bar. The subject of her first novel was overcoming the addiction to cocaine. Her story is incredible and although it's a hard subject to imagine reading about, Judith finds a way to keep you interested. Her wit and sense of humor come through and it is easy to see in the end why she was saved by so many angels holding out their hands. She was meant to write and help others who have fallen on the same path. Please take the time to look at her story. You never know when you will find someone who will need a helping hand like Judith's.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Carmichael, CA, United States
MY INSPIRATION TO BECOME AN ARTIST STARTED WITH MY MOM. MY SIBBLINGS AND I HAVE EACH FOLLOWED A LIFE FILLED WITH CREATIVE CHOICES THAT SHE HELPED US TO SEE. CARPENTRY, GRAPHIC DESIGN, DRIED FLOWER ARRANGEMENT, PAPER SCULPTURE AND BEAR MAKING ARE JUST A FEW OF THE SKILLS FOUND AMONG MY SIBLINGS. FROM 1997 – 2002 MY SISTER AND I LEARNED BASKET WEAVING, AGAIN A SKILL THAT WAS IN OUR FAMILY ON MY MOTHERS SIDE. I WAS ABLE TO TEACH FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND LEARNED HOW TO CREATE MY OWN ORIGINAL DESIGNS. IN 2003 I BEGAN MY CURRENT JOURNEY AS A PAINTER AND PHOTOGRAPHER. TODAY I FEEL THAT PAINTING IS MY LIFES DESTINY. THERE ISN’T ENOUGH TIME IN EACH DAY TO GET IT ALL IN. MY FULL TIME WORK AS A FLIGHT ATTENDANT DOES GET IN THE WAY AT THE MOMENT, BUT IT ALSO INSPIRES ME. I LOVE SEEING HOW THE WORLD LOOKS FROM THE SKY. THE COLORS, TEXTURES AND PATTERNS ARE NEVER ENDING. CURRENTLY I AM WORKING ON PAINTINGS THAT EXPRESS WHAT I SEE FROM THE AIR. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO VIEW MY WORK.